- This event has passed.
HW2: Implant Complications (Hands-On Workshop)
November 2, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Program Track: Implant Surgery and Prosthetic Rehabilitation
Cost: $1,625; limited attendance; lunch included
The advent of dental implants to replace hopeless or missing teeth has been a financial boon for dental offices. Most specialty offices and over 65% of general dental offices are placing and restoring dental implants. Unfortunately, proportional to the increase in dental implants being placed will be the percentage of implant complications that need to be corrected. A review of the etiology and diagnosis of implant complications will be presented. ADA dental codes will be discussed as well as letters of explanation representing various complication treatments.
Hands-on models will be used to teach attendees how to surgically correct hard and soft tissue peri-implantitis defects, fractured implant platforms, and broken screws in implant chambers. Prosthetic implant complications such as prosthetic misfit, poor embrasure form leading to food traps, excess cement, and occlusal overloads will be discussed. Periodontists who understand surgical and prosthetic complications can better serve their patients and communicate with their restorative team members.
- Highlight the etiology and diagnosis of various implant complications.
- Discuss and practice current techniques designed to treat peri-implantitis.
- Describe and practice various methods of correcting prosthetic complications.
- Gain familiarity with the ADA codes needed to submit for various complications.
- Provide the decision matrix and methods for removing large prosthetic superstructures during maintenance.